- 6 red organic bell peppers
- 1 lb or more grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1⁄2 t each thyme, rosemary and oregano
- 2 c organic, brown rice, cooked
- 1 c grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
C=22g P=30g F=13g Calories: 350 calories per serving Serves: 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully remove stems from bell peppers, slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Brown meat in pan until crumbly.
- Add onion, tomato paste and herbs.
- Bring to boil and cook liquid until reduced by half.
- Stir in rice and season to taste.
- Set pepper halves in buttered Pyrex dish. Fill each half with stuffing and bake for 50
- Remove from oven and top each half with grated cheese; bake for 10 minutes longer or
until cheese is melted and golden brown.